(Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil Fuel)
What is HVO fuel?
HVO is a premium, high quality diesel fuel made from renewable, sustainable raw materials – all which do not release any new CO2 into the atmosphere.
it is perfectly suited for a wide range of applications including vehicles, generators and industrial power systems. HVO meets EN 15940 standards so can be used as a direct, drop-in alternative to mineral diesel without modifications to plant or storage
HVO meets bio content requirements with no FAME included and, so avoids the instability and operability issues seen by many low blend diesel fuels and high blend biofuels.
Benefits of HVO fuel
- Up to 90% reduction in net CO2 greenhouse emissions: significantly better for the environment than regular diesel or biodiesel
- Drop-in replacement for regular diesel & gas oil
- Excellent cold-weather performance
- Produced from renewable and sustainable sources
- Reduces notifiable particulate matter and nitrogen oxide emissions
- Up to 10-year storage lifespan
How is HVO made?
Hydrotreating vegetable oils is a modern way to produce high-quality diesel fuels from fully renewable materials which can be regrown when stock is needed. The crops used avoid damage to the environment
What can HVO be used in?
HVO can be used in a wide range of industries
It is used in:
- Industrial trucks and tankers
- Vessels operating within inland waterways
- Roadgoing fleets
- Agricultural tractors and machinery
- Construction equipment and machinery
Plus many more
Why switch to HVO?
you can start the change immediately. You do not need to replace filters or catalysts on the vehicle, so it’s like driving on diesel with the vehicles you have, with the added benifit of being able to help you on your journey to net zero carbon
contact our specialist Dominic for more information or to place an order